Daisy Mae's swimming BG thread

CAN I REPEAT YESTERDAY’S SUCCESS EXPERIMENT # 1:

woke up several times last night to test my sugars. had to do a small correction at around 2am. this has been consistent now for over a week, so today i made an overnight basal change. (i hope i have hit the nail on the head. i also made a very minor morning ICR change yesterday so i wouldnt go low after eating Bfast.) (it worked out very well )

my morning BGs were excellent, so i was pleased and knew i was on the right course for my swimming target range. i started out the day at 5:30am with a BG of 78. after a hearty Bfast i was 103.

despite the minor overnight glitch, i had an excellent night’s sleep, and i can say unequivicably that it made all the difference in the world.

i went into the pool feeling strong and rested and very excited for my swim.

here are todays stats:
1pm BG 102 (took 1/2 Gtab )
1:20 BG 112
2pm BG 106
2:30 BG 93
3pm BG 86
3:30 BG 89

i just finished drinking my shakes and am hoping that i neither spike nor crash. yesterday went perfectly. for whatever reason, i stayed flat throughout the evening and the night. i was able to bolus for my dinner without any problems. it was such a relief and a blessing that i didnt need to take any carbs for a low BG or insulin for a high. i just want to cherish that in case it doesnt happen tonight. i want to remember that it is possible. my thoughts are that i might find myself going low today b/c my swim was much harder than yesterdays. but i am not planning on wasting my time worrying about anything that hasnt happened yet. no point. i’ll deal with whatever comes my way.

i will be swimming again tomorrow, and i am already looking forward to that. i love to get in a good swim before the weekend.

i just want to add, b/c i think its so sweet, that one of the lifeguards is leaving, and after my swim he gave me a “goodbye” hug. (the lifeguards all know that i am D and understand when i get out of the pool to test my BG; also, they always ask me if i’m “OK” and on target; they are very kind)

signing off,
DM

3 Likes