Could Omnipod basal continue after pod expires?

Oh, wow, thanks, I didn’t know this! I did NOT deactivate the pod. I just left it on and went running. So, as I suspected, it did continue to inject the active basal. I thought (prayed!) for a moment that I no longer needed basal after 5 hours passed! I’m really glad to hear though that the pod continues to work! :sunny: No wonder my BGs were not going up! I would have eaten something to resolve the slight low had I known I was really getting the basal!

I just found this link How long EXACTLY does an Omnipod pod last?

Sorry I should have researched on FuD before asking my question as it looks like you already made a post about this! :blush: Still, thank you so much for confirming this.

Yes, I was counting on the residual insulin to get me to the beach before I started running because by then it would have been something over an hour w/out any insulin. Normally, I’ve only been suspending my insulin for 1/2 hour before I run. Today, I didn’t suspend it of course because I thought the pod was no longer providing a basal. Hence I had somewhat of a low as a result of the exercise. But not too bad.

1 Like