Anyone know who this T1D singer is?

She’s got an itemized list of all her favorite diabetes products. Not so awesome: She has stage 3 kidney disease.

4 Likes

haim. pop/alternative if you listen to alt nation on Sirius xm este is the lead singer with 2 of her sisters I. the band also…i think one more person who is not related… her most famous song is probably falling and u7 was covered by the Swedish band chvrches

2 Likes

I don’t know her but that link sure had lots of ads! I wish her well!

1 Like

Yeah that’s what we call in the media business a “buying guide” with “affiliate links.” – it’s basically an article that’s just chock full of things to buy and I guess NY Mag takes a tiny cut every time someone decides to buy gummies from that link. It’s interesting because clearly the most important things she needs to take care of her diabetes are not even remotely accessible to most people, so they picked some random items to highlight.

4 Likes

Totally agree! Some of the items they chose almost made me laugh they were so out there!

2 Likes

I had no idea she has T1D! I definitely know/like her music.

Also her dx story reminds me of mine, except for me it was reading the Babysitters Club when I was 10 years old that resulted in my OMG I HAVE DIABETES moment.

4 Likes

That book actually is a huge part of why I caught Samson’s diagnosis relatively early. Props to Ann Martin for having a fairly realistic depiction of T1D!!!

4 Likes

Sadly my wife and I are apparently not well read enough :frowning: