Anyone else have Anthem BlueCross/BlueShield and a CGM?

@SteveMann As of about a month ago Medicare was still covering G6 and Omnipod. G6 is by DME, but Omnipod has to be by pharmacy. I have heard nothing about them stopping.

However I think some people pay varying amounts. In my case I have a supplemental kick in and my Dexcom is completely covered by DME but I have to pay $40 for a 3 month supply of my pods because it’s pharmacy. No biggy there. But if you go for an advantage plan be careful because different companies cover different things and in different amounts.

However now I am curious, I think I still will have the same coverage, My supplemental plan is through an ex employer and the parameters I believe are controlled by them, but it is managed by BCBS. Our supplemental coverage is listed by BCBS that they cover copays etc for whatever medicare covers. So I expect it will stay the same as I don’t think they can change that parameter. But…??

Dexcom is or will have a fit. BCBS is a huge insurer. Someone needs to let Dexcom know asap that’s been turned down. They will already either have more information on it or will start working on it.

1 Like