ADA Scientific Session - Safety of Afrezza in Pediatric Patients

I am courious if it is covered by insurance/ medicare yet. I also would love to have in my tool kit.

1 Like

This is a great idea. Iā€™d totally be willing to do this too. I have yet to meet a Mannkind rep though!

Yeah, I think weā€™d need more data on Pediatric patients first. At a minimum, I think the final results on the Pediatric study would be necessary. As an adult, Iā€™m not really in a position to use my experience to vouch for anything Pediatric-related. My initial comment was driven by the thought that if Afrezza was shown to be safe for kids, maybe more people in general might be willing to use it. I wasnā€™t referring to kids specifically.

Anyway, all power to you @Jattzl. You are a force to be reckoned with!

I share all the sentiments youā€™ve expressed. I think Afrezza could help a lot of people, and I wish that the current perception of it was more positive. It makes me sad and frustrated that many people who would benefit like I have arenā€™t even considering it. Iā€™m hopeful that endocrinologists will eventually see it as a go-to recommendation for patients- both those struggling to stay in range and those who are already succeeding through hard work. Both groups can benefit from more time in range with less work overall. A significant side benefit (to me!) would be that I get to continue benefiting as well because the company has not gone under :wink:

3 Likes