A different perspective on the year 2020

I don’t know; 2020 changed things yet it didn’t change anything. After we got back from Taiwan in January we cancelled the vacation to the north of Italy (fortuitously a good thing - there wasn’t any snow :wink: then weren’t able to go anywhere for the rest of the year. But we did paint the barn (well, half of it), half rebuild the swimming pool, almost start to build a rock wall, things we would probably otherwise not done, even half. So, if it can’t be described as “good” it has been at least slightly different, which I regard as better; I feel blessed to live in interesting times.

Of course the big plus is that over a period of just nine months my wife has become convinced that I have at least some ability as a barber. As a result of increasing headaches over the last month, and increasing complaints, I eventually decided that a number 2 was the only solution; it took a whole weight off her mind and she has not suffered the headaches since.

What we have learnt over the preceding year will stay with us for the rest of our life. We have learnt something our ancestors knew, something that, somewhere along the way, we lost sight of. We have learnt to cut our own hair. We will remember this year to the end of our lives; we will say to rambunctious children, “It’s like that because that’s the way I cut it.” And we will be right.

4 Likes