14 hours without insulin... what could you expect to happen?

I do NOT want to bring this back from the dead, but I left you hanging… kind of on everything you posted over the last couple of days. I’d like to reciprocate now. It’s taken me three runs where I do my best epiphanizing to think of what it all means… My feelings about my diabetes. I’m not sure what’s behind it. Maybe it’s just the disease, or maybe it’s because I developed it later in life, or because of the difficulty and challenge in if not letting it kill me while raising three small children, or maybe it’s because of my need to attach a number to every second of it (I hear you log, too). I’m not sure what it is, but I can see we have some things in common here. Maybe it’s some combination of these things, or the sum of it all, that lands us in the same “how I feel about diabetes” boat. I don’t think it’s coincidence though that we find ourselves here, posting, prodding, asking questions, and making changes. And giving those feelings a stage and audience, hopefully uprooting them. So cheers to you and cheers to this place. I hope, Eric and Daisymae, not through duty but by example, that you guys will get us there, too. Debbie Downers that we are. :grin:

And @Jen, I don’t know you or know anything about you, but you come across as a very strong person. I know I’m late to respond to any of this, but you guys were in the throes, and, honestly, I didn’t know how to. I’m not sure what your story is, but I hope today is gentle and easy and predictable. At least for a couple of minutes. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes