Why Does my Blood Sugar go up when I Exercise?

I’ve been making progress, but I’ve got a ways to go before I’m there… or even anywhere near there. An a1c of a 4.9?! That’s INSANE. I can see it happening… kind of. My a1c the other day was a 5.9, and I am absolutely working hard, but there’s plenty of room to clean up a little. For me, the nicest part is I don’t feel any pressure to clean up a little… that’s an important piece. It makes it sustainable. The thing I’m missing right now is the exercise the way I like doing it… this part is testing my patience. And I’m bound to make a mistake.

I took my pump off this week, and I was going to go swimming with my mom tomorrow, but now I”m getting sick. I doubt I’m going now. Which means by the time I get in, I’ll probably be back on the pump again…

Speaking of sick, are you all better now??

1 Like

just got back from the hospital. i felt so miserable today that i finally called a car service to bring me in; i was literally wearing my pajamas (with a baseball cap to hide my disheveled hair). it was rediculous. i thought that maybe the doctor would give me some strong cough medication and a Z-Pak and send me home. instead, he told me that i had a sever bacterial lung infection and had i waited any longer to come in, i would have had pneumonia. OMG.

he put me on two antibiotics, some steroidal inhaler, some pill to keep my chest from hacking away, and a strict diet and home bound plans. 72 hours in bed. dont even think about swimming for at least another 10 days. UGH!!!

and he wasnt very nice to me either.

thanks for asking. :smile:

3 Likes

Oh Daisy!! Take care of yourself and get well soon!! :sunflower:

3 Likes

Oh NO!! I am sorry to hear that! I’m really glad you went… it all sounds like a totally crappy hospital experience, but it also sounds like you’re covered now. Can you get in bed and stay there for a couple of days and rest and recover?? And can you stay out of the water for 10 days and not be tempted to get in sooner? Some people can be very stubborn about their exercise…:roll_eyes:

I’m glad you’ve got medicine, and I hope you have some good books or movies… feel better soon. :two_hearts::cherry_blossom:

2 Likes