What Is The Attraction To Wearing An OmniPod vs. A Tethered Pump?

That might depend on where you put it, DM, and how you are doing it…
:wink:

1 Like

I’ll publish the official report when all variations and variables have been tested. It’s a tough task but someone has to volunteer to take it on… For science.

The things I’m gonna do for diabetes. :laughing:

3 Likes

please let us know. i know that eric is usually our FUD guinea pig, but if you want to take on the dirty task, well, someone’s gotta do it. it might as well be you ( but you’ve got to be willing to wear it 24/7, and you’ve got to stick to the honor system :wink: )

1 Like

6 Likes

OMG. what have i started here??? :blush:

3 Likes

How do I say this…

I have not experienced any difficulties with omipodding…

5 Likes

isnt that all that really matters?

2 Likes

Oh man… all you guys…

And girls…

And really, depending on where the site is…

And tubed…

Or not…

May, or may not, get in the way

:wink:

2 Likes

I find that if one sticks to the Missouri Plow position virtually nothing gets in the way of anything.

I actually appreciate that you cannot use a pod longer than three days. Sometimes a pod is so comfortable and unnoticeable I wish I could leave it in forever, and with a tubed set I might be tempted to extend things – as I often did when I was younger – and risk infection or tissue damage or both. For me tubeless is the primary attraction, but this preventative time limit is a very close second.

And in nearly a year and a half, I have had to deal with the shrieking alarm at the end of the pod’s life only once – and that was because I left one in that long just to see what happened. Every other pod I change close to the time of the first reminder. If I’m home alone I might delay a change by a few hours, but the hourly reminder beep is really no big deal.

1 Like

@daisymae, If you’re on Day 3 of the pump it won’t upset you as much if it gets knocked. Just sayin’. That’s the other reason to track which day of the pod you’re on…absorption integrity and…you know.

4 Likes

“Honey, my pod is on day 3! Only two hours left on this one!”

From the other room, but running…“Be right there!”

4 Likes

@ClaudnDaye, I’m laughing so hard right now! My husband asked, “What are you reading on FUD now?”

3 Likes

Ha…good one. Laughing at the thought of this happening in my house! Honestly, I only avoid POD locations that interrupt my sleep!

4 Likes

my husband has become very jealous of my time on FUD. he thinks that i am having an affair :wink:

5 Likes

Wait till he finds the receipt for that cheesecake!

2 Likes

Instead of flowers, I send her Ovaltine.

3 Likes

Mine told me last night I was ‘like a teenage girl, all busy on that diabetes forum’ … I think he’s jealous too! :rofl:

5 Likes

my husband wants to know who this “ERIC” fellow is :blush:

4 Likes

Yeah, me too.

3 Likes