I go through the scanner with my Dexcom… more than 1/2 of the time it doesn’t detect it… the other half if they see it on the image I just say “it’s a medical device”
I usually check my Dexcom stuff but never my insulin or strips
I go through the scanner with my Dexcom… more than 1/2 of the time it doesn’t detect it… the other half if they see it on the image I just say “it’s a medical device”
I usually check my Dexcom stuff but never my insulin or strips
Hi RChesterton! I hope you had a nice trip! I see that one of your meds was Ozempic and you couldn’t refrigerate it - what ended up happening? I am an Ozempic user and I will be traveling for the next 90 days and will be unable to refrigerate my supply, Im worried because of the manufacture saying is MUST be kept in the fridge. Interested to know how it worked out for you and if you felt any side effects or if it was less effective? Thanks so much!
If you are using a national pharmacy chain like CVS or Walgreens, and you will be in the U.S., you can get them to fill it at the local pharmacy.
I know we’ve discussed this and I recall posting about the need to handcarry your supplies. If you need further reason: My wife and I are currently on a river (read bus) cruise. 3 of our 4 bags are missing the ride; they decided to stay in Brussels while we went on to Hungary to catch the ship. Only 1 of the 3 decided to catch up, so 2 bags are still at the Brussel’s airport (despite multiple emails and encouragement to catch up!). On the good side: All of my Omnipods, G7 sensors, and insulin are in my handcarry bag and available for use! I did kind of a meltdown mentally today, though as a pod decided to die while we were at lunch! Yes, I them all with me as we’re out of the hotel on our way to the next city (yes, by bus, water level’s too low), so no place to change the pod in a comfortable, clean location. C’est la…I’m tired and grumpy from all the travel, and thinking I may not have clothes to change into! Anyway, “HAND CARRY YOUR SUPPLIES!”
I always do this. I remember being in a transit from somewhere, landing in Heathrow and going to the transit hotel. All my supplies were in my backpack of course. I got off the bus at the hotel but I forgot about my backpack. You would not believe how angry my wife was or how helpful the hotel staff were; my backpack was returned next time round the driver’s loop.
It was a transit stop so I was considering going to a local chemists and simply buying some regular (possible at the time in the UK, no longer possible there). It is inconvenient but always possible to obtain regular or, preferably, NPH, pretty much anywhere as an emergency supply. (NPH is preferable because, while it means we don’t eat it also means we don’t suffer from DKA.)
Well done!!!
CR