Travel through time to 1979: separating "diabetes" between type 1 and type 2

I am so glad you noticed that! The first thing that arrested me in that line was the hesitation between high and low carb diet. Then I read it again and realized the part about men. I had to read it twice though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Trying to solve a rubiks cube without knowing that various algorithms exist that are ā€œeasyā€ to learn, is virtually impossible. But once you learn the techniques, it can be predictably solved every time.

Managing BGs is much more challenging. Doing the exact same thing 2 days in row, or 2 meals in a row may give close results, but rarely exactly the same results.

2 Likes

I just assumed it meant the women had long ago made up their minds.:laughing:

3 Likes

If I get the algorithm in front of me, the cube is easy! Follow algorthithm and itā€™s solved. Blood sugar not nearly so consistent. My first explanation of t1 is that itā€™s autoimmune and can happen to anyone anytime and that I didnā€™t know that until I was diagnosed at 30. Donā€™t usually go further. If I do, I explain that I donā€™t make enough insulin and my blood sugar regulators dont work. Normal is 70-140 Iā€™ve gone 50-250 and back to 50 within an hour with the fairly crude options availableā€¦if they still are stupid subject is off limits forever.

3 Likes