Three months pumping and really frustrated

Actually, @Sam, your post is a perfect illustration of what I wrote about earlier:

You are totally discounting my son’s experience (and mine), and assuming that his physiology works like yours. It does not:

• we tried returning to MDI twice and found out it made things worse, not better

• we were able to prove that the problem was not the pump, but the changes due to the beginning of the school year, with several different sports, lots of extracurriculars, and schedules that changed every day.

• as a corroboration, when we went on vacation, all of our difficulties went away (except for his bad peaks)

I am noticing that your other comment on this thread also totally discounts my son’s experience, and assumes that you know better:

In our case, this is total nonsense. I am being very clear, at the risk of being a bit rude, instead of being my normal diplomatic self, because I would be worried that people reading this thread could actually believe what you write. It may possibly apply to some people, but it certainly does not apply to many I know. I also want to be very clear because this kind of dismissive post almost stopped my son from posting on this forum, and I don’t want this to happen. He needs to read input from his peers, but he does not need dismissive or supercilious comments.

supercilious (/suːpəˈsɪlɪəs/): adjective

1. behaving or looking as though one thinks one is superior to others. “a supercilious lady’s maid”

synonyms: arrogant, haughty, conceited, disdainful, overbearing, pompous, condescending, superior, patronizing, imperious, proud, lofty, lordly, snobbish, snobby, overweening, smug;

7 Likes

Whoa… ok there michel

I’ll give you some time to chill out before trying to share what I’ve learned here again…

I understand your frustration though, I know you haven’t had a proper nights sleep in many months…

That is so great to hear!

I think perfection is something we all continue to strive towards but will never find. For myself, every time I feel like I’ve gotten close and get a bit cocky, I’m set straight again pretty quickly. (The past few days I felt like things were falling into place…well! The past 24 hours have been a complete rollercoaster again.)

6 Likes

This has happened to us so many times :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And us! Both with pumping and MDI, for what it’s worth.

I think, in reading old and new threads, here on FUD, the takeaway for me is: YDMV. And each person is so different! I know it’s theoretically the same disease, but just like a ripe banana, you never know if it’s actually the same as the bunch next to it. I tend to think that it’s not. Similar ≠ Same.

6 Likes

This, totally. I try to always word my posts as “In my experience…” and stick only to describing what I have direct experience with. (For example, I’ve never participated in an OmniPod or Afrezza thread, except to ask questions, because I have no experience with either except for trying the OmniPod demo pod.) And even then, to remember that just because I experienced something one way doesn’t mean the next person will.

If diabetes was the same for everyone, we’d all be on the same therapy and would all be running around with an A1c of 5% and management would be much easier for everyone because if we had a problem we’d just ask for the answer and everyone would provide the same answer and it would work every time.

If only life were like that!!

4 Likes