Super Boluses... what are they? Do you use them? Is there any drawback?

That sounds a lot like what I do as well… and this is NOT like the 670 micro… which replaces all other insulin and is frequently delivered at sizes of .025 or .05. Not the same at all.

Your son is very lucky. I only know one other type 1 personally, and he is a 14 year old who was just diagnosed less than a year ago. His family has him drink cactus juice, let’s him eat candy, and doesn’t give him full boluses because they “just hate to see him go low.” His latest a1c was an 11. I try to help him when I see him, but that won’t ever be enough…

And on that depressing note… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yep, I adopted the term from @TiaG who taught me what it was, and I just call what I do a micro bolus, but I know it’s something totally different in 670g.

Liam had a 6.7 A1C at last checkup and we have a lot of work still to do but we are over two years in the game now and have a lot of it figured out. Losing the fear makes many things much easier., even when dealing with a toddler.

3 Likes

When I take extra insulin in the meal bolus to prevent a spike, I just plan to eat some fast carb later as needed to catch the falling BG. With the CGM this is pretty straightforward surfing. I don’t bother to suspend the basal because for me during the morning an hour’s basal equates to about 1g carb (2g in the late afternoon.)