Reasonable timeframe for rx? Update

Well, I haven’t tried Afrezza via Canada yet, so I don’t know about that one.

I just looked at the Canadian site and it says Afrezza is coming soon. I would like to try it, but there is no way I can afford US prices. My doctor refuses to give paper scripts and I doubt he would “call one into a Canadian pharmacy.”

Do you have insurance? If so, the conversation can paraphrase this:

“Hello Doctor. Either you can call it in to a Canadian pharmacy, or you can spend hours and hours doing the Prior Authorization paperwork that my insurance company will probably require!”

But of course you can say it sweeter than that. :wink:

I asked my mom for a handwritten script and was surprised to hear that her practice hadn’t done them in years and had disposed of all their old fashioned pads… apparently paper scripts (other than the ones generated within clinics electronic systems) are becoming a thing of the past… it’s all part of their charting and record keeping systems now that every script they write is recorded in their records and the patients records (you can thank the rampant prescription drug abuse in this country for that)

I don’t know that they’d have any particular reason to not want to call in a script to any pharmacy based on its location… doesn’t really seem to me that the doctors office is much concerned with which pharmacy their patients chose to use…

1 Like

Also, the number to Marks is a toll-free 877 number. You tell them Mark’s Pharmacy, and give them the number. The doc doesn’t need to know where they are located.

If the doc asks where they are, you say “I don’t have the address, but I think they are a bit north of where I live…”

2 Likes

I asked my mom if she’d care if a patient asked for rx to be sent to a Canadian pharmacy… she said “why would I care”. And “I’m not even sure a doctor can refuse to send a valid prescription that they’ve approved to their patients pharmacy of choice”

2 Likes