New sensor

Would this work for @Jen ?

I know this was mentioned for G5, but didn’t know if there was an option for her.

Yeah - the group in question does both G4 and G5 battery replacements. Looks very solid.

Yep. It’ll come up with a message on the receiver a few days before the transmitter battery dies.

I do get warnings when the battery is low. I’m only on my third transmitter, but the precious two both had low battery, order new transmitters warnings pop up.

Very interesting…
When we were on the G4 we did not get warnings. Been awhile though (as we have been G5 for a bit now). That was something I did not like with the G4. The fact that it was a “surprise” when it stopped working.

The G4 gives vague low battery warnings, which are actually based on battery level (vs the time-based ones on the G5). That said, I would just ignore it and keep using it until it flat out stopped working, which would be a while after the warning.

My previous two transmitters have always died within a week of getting the warning. So for me it’s been pretty accurate.

I pulled it out tonight after four restarts failed to get it to work. Sure enough, dried blood around the sensor. I have a new one in, so here’s hoping it works this time around.

2 Likes

I’ve been doing this quite a bit, since I read a much earlier post where you suggested it. At random times, or before I test, I hear this voice (your voice?!) saying, “Think about it and guess first.” I’m astonished how close I often am, though 70 to 110 feels pretty much the same.

I don’t think I’m dependent on the CGM so much as finding it difficult to tune out the noise (something I’m usually good at in life) – or ignore the judgmentalism that arises from that data. Maybe I should cover the screen with duct tape.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like