Knee Replacement (TKR/TKA)

I hope so too @elver. Please let us know how it goes. I don’t have much to add because I don’t have much experience with knee replacement. I’ve been following this thread though and wishing you the best.

3 Likes

Hope you find relief soon. Didn’t sound pleasant at all to have to go through. Thoughts are with you, @elver! Sending warm vibes.

3 Likes

Thank you both @Katers87 and @ClaudnDaye. I very much appreciate the support!

1 Like

@elver, when are you thinking of going under the knife?

@Michel 1st surgery is scheduled for 30 Jan, and the 2nd for 27 Feb. 27 Feb is contingent on hitting certain milestones with the Ortho and Endo.

2 Likes

@elver, we’ll keep our fingers crossed for you, hope all goes well. Pls share progress and let us know how you feel!

1 Like

@Michel I definitely will, but right now I feel like a bottle of Bourbon or Rye… Lol

1 Like

Sorry. I really am. I think you should yip the remainder of the month away. You’re 5 days out of the first one, huh?? Are you nervous, or are you just eager to have it be done??

So if you know the answer, and after hearing you tell of how things have been, even I know the answer, then why don’t you go easy on your brain and let it rest, regroup, and prepare. Because this :point_down:

Isn’t going to give you anything you need.

I understand the doubt (self-doubt’s my favorite), but maybe it’s time to stop. Get yourself into recovery mode because you’re going to be there before you know it.

I really hope it goes well, and I hope you’ll keep everyone posted. And if you need jokes, I’ve got them. :grin:

And thanks. It’s a 6.3 now. I’ve been celebrating since I posted. :grin:

Thinking of you, Elver!! :four_leaf_clover::rose:

1 Like

@Nickyghaleb you are my Rockstar hero!

Are you nervous, or are you just eager to have it be done??

More than nervous. More nervous than having a kid, more nervous than getting married, more nervous than wauting to hear if you got that coveted job you just interviewed for… Nervous because this is a lifetime decision that can not be reversed.

I understand the doubt (self-doubt’s my favorite ), but maybe it’s time to stop.

Well put. Agreed. Sometimes easier said than done. Ohhhmmmm.

Regarding your A1c… Party like a rock star @Nickyghaleb! :dancer:

1 Like

I assume you weren’t actually carrying the child… because I’ll just say there is no such thing as more nervous than knowing you’re locked in for that delivery. :grin:

I love giving advice. Could do it all day. :grin:

1 Like

@nickyghaleb, nervous life coach for hire. Pro’s - never at a loss for words. Con’s - Quit your bitchin!

2 Likes

Hired! Oh… Ahh… What’s your rate? NM, I’ll pay it.

2 Likes

That’s not nervous you see there… that’s coffee jitters. :grin:

I’m making myself this shirt.

2 Likes

:thinking:… unlimited coffee, bathroom breaks, and sold. Once I’m in the door though, it could get tricky getting me out. :grin:

1 Like

Eric’s going to kill me if he finds me hanging out with you guys. It was supposed to be lights out 34 minutes ago. :grin:

2 Likes

Hey, we won’t tell him if you don’t. Grab a drink and join the party. He is probably asleep by now anyway.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

Good point. :grin:

2 Likes

@Nickyghaleb you definitely should make that shirt, or tell me where to send you one.

BTW, it’s sort of like Hotel California, you can check in but never check out

3 Likes

@elver!! How’d it go?? How do you feel? And are you home yet, or was it an inpatient deal??

:bouquet::bouquet::bouquet:

1 Like

@Nickyghaleb just to start. Ur awesome! Thanks for remembering.

Went well, had to forgo the spinal block as they were unable to properly place it. Pain is below median right now, but tomorrow is a new day. I am seriously considering a catheter in my future for ease and convenience, lol. Surgery got pushed back by 6 hours due to a life flight emergency.

Luck of the draw I got a swanky private room with a couch/bed that my spouse could use if wanted - I already sent her home to walk the fur babies.

2 Likes