Insurance

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and suggestions. To be clear Emma does currently get both the Omnipod and Dexcom and I believe she will be able to in the future as well, but we’ll have to go the DME route.
I just don’t think it should be nearly as difficult as UHC has made it for us to get the care we need for our children or ourselves.
I doubt getting a letter from little old me is going to make the governor or legislature consider which insurance company to use for state government in the future, but at least I’ll feel better having someone new to vent to, rather than just arguing with another UHC numbskull over the phone.

2 Likes

I am glad your daughter is getting the technology that you and her physicians believe she needs. If you weren’t aware before, this is one of the common themes (insurance decisions that limit choice) that gets our members quite passionate. The UHC insurance deal with MDT thereby trying to limit choice, is one of the worst examples of this shady behavior.

We have many members, myself included that have appealed stupid decisions, but it isn’t without a lot of effort.

1 Like