Dex receiver not turning on? Charged

To my knowledge, it is not. However, “independently” is a word.

My bad…My iPhone is pulling the data into the g5 mobile app from the transmitter. It’s late and I’m tired and in bed…treating a 37. :frowning:

1 Like

So it still isn’t turning on. We called Labcorp (the company we get our supplies from) and they indicated it’s no longer under warranty (received the “original one” last April, although we had to do 2 replacements after that time due to faulty receivers.) So we called Dexcom and they indicated the same…if we want a new one it’ll be $1k. I’m ticked off that we would continue getting faulty receivers and then we’re expected to fork more money over to these money hungry leeches because they can’t get us a piece of equipment that works.

Anyway, we’re thinking of not even getting a new receiver since the Dexcom mobile app on my iPhone is sufficient and we have an extra line that we’re paying for and not using on our phone plan…we’re thinking of getting a cheap iPhone that we’ll use as the one to “keep near Liam”. That way, I don’t have to constantly swap phones with Erin.

If it is not under warranty anymore doesn’t that mean a new one could be billed to your insurance?

1 Like

If it’s no longer under warranty you may be able to order another through your insurance company – don’t know if it’s any better.

The only two use cases when we use the receiver:

• (rare) school tests. If the disallows my son’s phone (happens sometimes, about once per quarter)

• (every night) next to the bed on his end table, because the alarm is much louder and more difficult from my son to ignore.

There has to be a way to get it approved for use as a medical device. A meeting with the school nurse?

I can’t really argue, for a test. He could cheat with his phone. Not that he would. So, for those days, he also brings the receiver.

We can get one through insurance, yes. We’ve got our family “medical” costs met for the year…but the more I think about it, what’s going to be cheaper for us over the long haul? A receiver once a year at $1k? Or another iPhone for $500 that will last us 5 or more years?

I know insurance will cover 80 to 90% of the cost of a new receiver, but I just think maybe it’s a piece of equipment we don’t need and we could save those costs. If we could get a 3 - 5 year warranty, then it’d be worth it…but when they send us 3 devices in a year and all 3 have broken or been faulty, then we’re pretty much guaranteed to need a new one every year (out of pocket)

another iPhone for $500 that will last us 5 or more years?

Personally I think assuming an iPhone that lives with Liam will last 5 years is optimistic. We’ve already burned through two iPhones with Samson. I would estimate that you’d be replacing at least one iPhone every year or two in your cost calculation.

1 Like

I guess I should test the waters here. Since Sam hasn’t said it yet, I will…

Have you looked on eBay?

There! I said it! :open_mouth:

Flagged you. I also volunteer to be on the jury at your trial.

1 Like

19 posts were split to a new topic: Dexcom G5: signal loss with iphone but not receiver

We’ll probably get another receiver…I’m just miff’d that I’ve had to have 3 in a single year. They should restart that “1 year warranty” from the date you get EACH one of their faulty devices…

1 Like

Michel, Sorry, but this is bullsheet. You need to get the phone added to his 504 plan. We have our’s on our son’s and they can’t legally separate him from his phone, even for the SAT or ACT. (although for the big tests you have to do an additional step and get registered with the testing company).

The one teacher that tried this year ran into the principle and an angry daddy bear, and that ended that.

If my bear cub ever got caught cheating with his phone, the school would be the least of his worries.

5 Likes

24 posts were split to a new topic: 504 - To test or Not to test, in Class

A post was merged into an existing topic: 504 - To test or Not to test, in Class

User has been suspended until 5/24/2067: repeated offensive and disrespectful comments. Staff convo 5/24/17

2 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Dexcom G5: signal loss with iphone but not receiver

Oh crap, I just notice I was suspended. See you all in 50 years.

2 Likes

And if the pin/paperclip doesn’t work, you can connect and plug in the charger, then press and hold the center button for 15 to 30 seconds. The green bar should show up.

This is not in the manual. I learned this by calling Dexcom this morning, after going through several paperclips.

I was also told that if that doesn’t work, you can try plugging the charger cable into a computer USB port. That can wake up a receiver, for some reason.

I know most people don’t use the receiver anymore, but it’s worth putting in writing. Now if someone can help me harness up my horse and buggy …

1 Like