Daisy Mae's swimming BG thread

Yes you can do this, and it’s kinda neat. You can swim (or run) faster to raise your heart rate in order to raise your BG. But it might take several minutes of higher intensity to accomplish this.

The problem with doing it is if you are trying to hit certain workout goals. Like if you have a target of hitting a certain distance over the course of 2 hours, and you are trying to maintain a steady-state, doing the higher intensity laps kind of throws the workout into a different state.

So yes it will work, and it is a kinda cool thing to do - controlling your BG with your workout intensity. But personally I don’t want to do that. I don’t want my BG to dictate my speed or what workout I am running. That kind of goes counter to my philosophy of never letting diabetes interfere. My philosophy is that Coach decides how fast or far I run, not my BG.

To address your original thoughts, you were at 70 with 2 hours of zero basal, then you went up to 75, and added 2 gtabs.

So your BG was already on its way up, and you had 2 hours of zero basal. And then you added the gtabs on top of it. So that big spike to 160 is no surprise. You gotta trust that zero basal!

But overall, you ended at 127 so that looks pretty good to me.

Was the 32 grams you had afterwards carbs or protein?

Did you see this today?
timing-of-pre-workout-carb-consumption