Daisy Mae's swimming BG thread

There is really no significant ability to do that. If you look at the context of the thread, when she is talking about a 100 point drop, it’s clearly insulin that is doing that. Any T1 can try as hard as they want to exercise their way down from a high BG, but it doesn’t work without insulin in any significant way.

Glucose transporter type 4 (GLUT4) is the insulin-regulated glucose transporter found mainly in the skeletal and muscle system. A lot of the things you google for that subject are non-scientific - like that thing by that Quoreshi guy, or people trying to sell books or pills.

If you go through the progress of the post, you can see what has happened as she has dropped her basal prior to exercise. She is no longer having the 100 point drops. That was the basis for my comment. Any drops caused by anything other than insulin and exercise in this post are trivial compared to the effect the insulin was having.

I think the biggest proof that there is no way for glucose uptake to happen without insulin is just to look at the current research pathways for a cure.

Harold posted this recently:
https://forum.fudiabetes.org/t/the-four-research-pathways-to-a-practical-cure-for-type-1-diabetes/

It is telling that none of the current research pathways involve doing glucose uptake using a transporter without insulin.

I think if there was any validity to using a transporter that does not require insulin, someone would be researching it as an avenue for a cure!