Daisy Mae's swimming BG thread

The process of replacing glycogen stores takes a while. Lows that follow exercise can in part be because your body is taking the carbs you consumed and refilling your muscle glycogen fuel tank.

Yesterday I suggested you reduce your basal at night because I don’t think you are getting enough carbs in your diet to fuel your swimming, and I am not sure you are doing it quickly enough after exercise. What I told you when you finished yesterday:

Replacing the muscle glycogen today helps fuel your workout tomorrow.

Today you saw a bit of a quick spike from the g-tabs which is different from your normal formula of the UCAN bar, and waiting. And you went swimming a little bit earlier so you may have had a little more IOB than you did the previous day, so that contributed to your drop.

Still not a bad day!

One of the best things you can do is restore your muscle glycogen right when you are done.

For active adults, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics recommends you eat 0.5 to 0.7 gram of carbohydrates per pound of body weight within 30 minutes of finishing your exercise. Plus protein!

When you are consistently fueling your activity and giving your body what it needs to perform, you start to get much more consistent results.

Assignment for you! Read this thread:
https://forum.fudiabetes.org/t/what-should-i-consume-after-exercise/

I know you love your old jeans. Put those in a glass case as a memorial to the old DM. Get yourself a new pair that says you are a fit beast who is not afraid of the disease, but rather, the disease is afraid of her. Then carb up, and swim like that beast.

Here are some women who are not worried about their jeans:

1 Like