Basal Discussion Deep Dive for Everyone

@TiaG, nope. It does hover at 160. Or 190. Or 220. Or whatever level the hormones push it to due to resistance. And it stays there. It is the most bizarre thing to watch if you’ve read all of the diabetes books out there about what to expect and how to treat things. This phenomenon ain’t in there. And it should be.

I used to take correction dose, upon correction dose, upon correction dose. And walk. And drink water. And wait to eat and miss meals. And stand on my head. And do everything to make it move.

Now I do big picture diagnosis, careful tracking, and basal changes. Plus maybe one or two correction doses. And then it moves beautifully like I have four gladiators pushing my car out of a mudhole.

The place at which it levels is crucial information for how to fix it. It determines what percentage of basal I try to get it unstuck and to re-level it lower. Also, if it were to keep climbing, it’s not a hormone resistance issue, in my experience. It’s a site issue which is rare for me these days, knock on wood. The leveling is the biggest gift of this phenomenon bc it helps for quicker problem-solving. It’s not pretty, but it is helpful.

1 Like