A frightening experience at sleepaway camp

It sounds like most everyone posting in this thread is using a pump and CGM. I don’t, but if I did, I’m pretty sure I would be using the OpenAPS. Or the Minimed 670G if you don’t want to roll your own. Those systems do their best work in overnight management. Has anyone discussing here tried one or both of those?

We recently changed pumps and very specifically did not choose Medtronic as I firmly believe Dexcom has the best CGM product and am not willing to switch to a different CGM provider.

1 Like

We use Dexcom and a Tandem pump, and are anxiously awaiting the set of releases that will allow us to use this technology.

We do have one or two people using OpenAPS, and while they learning curve is steep, I think they have been successful at improving their night time care.

1 Like

We use MDI, Lantus/ Novolog.

Pic of the low tech solution, that makes the high tech solution work for a teenager. Note: This works because the phone or receiver vibrates, as well as alarms. Works like a charm.

For those of you that are protective of my test hamster, worried that I forced a low just to get a better picture, I applaud you. But be assured, I just took advantage of a fortunate coincidence.

6 Likes

I am TOTALLY trying this. You guys are amazing with your creativity. :slight_smile:

I swear, I think collectively FUD should write a book. lol. Liam is pointing at the screen as I am typing this message, btw and pointing at the receiver. He said “That’s a blood drop, papa. It needs to cawibwate (callibrate…but he said cawibwate”)

6 Likes